Select Page
When it comes to transport, there are plenty of rules, certificates and forms. The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) checks on the transport and especially the safety of horses. Drivers who professionally transports horses do need a CCV certificate. If you are transporting your own horses, you don’t need one. This means that grooms who are contracted by a stable do need this certificate. In the case the transport distance is more than 65 kilometers, the horses must be accompanied by at least one person who has the certificate of professional competence for livestock transport. This can be the driver or the co-driver. This certificated can be obtained in The Netherlands by attending a course. After completing the course, that takes an average of one day, the exam follows. If you succeed, you will receive a certificate that is valid for 5 years in the European Union. This certificate must be renewed every 5 years. The driver must carry the original certificate him during the transport. A copy of this certificate must be submitted to the veterinarian during export certification upon request.